MARKET SALES MANAGER
Snacksy is an insurgent start up in the better for you snacking arena with a big investments plans to drive hyper business growth in a short period of time.
The UK/IR/Ger/Fr Market Manager is accountable for the driving the development and growth of Snacksy business in 4 markets : UK/Ireland/Germany/France .
The incumbent is responsible for establishing relationships with key customers, managing Snacksy distributors and the achievement of market specific goals, including volume objectives, forecasting , promotional execution, distribution targets, new item speed to shelf, SRP management, and retail execution.
This position is accountable for delivering innovative, fact-based solutions and thought leadership for a start up snacking business, while continually identifying new growth opportunities through an expanded customer base. Most importantly the role is FULLY responsible for the ongoing performance and management of Snacksy distributors in the relevant markets.
Achievement of sales objectives and specific volume goals through execution of customer plans and brand strategies.
· Focus on achievement of optimal AMPPS (assortment, merchandising, price, promotion and shelving) by account.
· Manage trade funds to support marketing and promotional plans, determining pricing and distribution and negotiating with key accounts
· The ability to forecast accurately for a dynamic category and fast innovation ramp up.
Develop and deliver customer plans to achieve objectives within budget, and short & long-term solutions through best practice thought leadership.
· Present annual marketing plans to customers and execute plans
· Influence customer(s) to implement solutions through fact based presentations that deliver results that are beneficial for both customer and company
· Share customer feedback and bring forward potential solutions
Collaborate with Snacksy central teams to align with brand and category objectives and develop go-to-market retail strategy to deliver execution excellence
· Work with distributors sales teams to produce best-in-class sales store & market events
· Develop retail priorities to provide clear direction for sales field team to drive action at retail
Manage distributor partners through regular meetings (in person and virtual), scorecard creation and execution and clear communication and follow-up to ensure execution excellence.
· Provide strategic direction and guidance to distributor team to support AAMPS planning and customer meetings.
· Pre-plan with distributor partner by reviewing data and developing customer strategies prior to customer meetings
Context and Scope
This role reports into Snacksy Managing Director, and is the market lead for the development of the Snacksy business and growth strategy in the non-traditional channels (gyms, health & well-being stores, food service, airlines/travel retail, corporate offices, etc). The role is also be required to lead the partnership with an external distributors and associated field sales forces. The incumbent will be:
A team-player with a winning attitude. One who shares best practices and is open to learn from others (within or across markets)
A thought leader who leverages data and resources with account and peers
Creative and persistent in managing accounts through innovative sales programs and overcoming obstacles
Goal-oriented: Take initiative to build rapport, establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals
An experienced negotiator to accomplish results
A strong communicator: Both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up. Strong listening skills and adaptability to adjust style and message based on customer cues.
Genuine in your desire to help make the world a healthier place.
1. Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent work experience.
Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
Minimum of 4-6 years of CPG experience in Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Category Management or related field preferred.
Minimum of two years of experience making customer headquarter calls or equivalent work experience
Broker/Distributor management experience
Expert understanding of CPG industry sector and competitive landscape preferred.
Ability to portray a confident and winning attitude in challenging business interactions.
Excellent verbal and written skills. Strong presentation skills required
Ability to apply financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes. This includes margins, retail math, forecast/projections, velocities, and other analytical skills not mentioned.
(Leadership & Functional/Technical)
Level of Role
• Delivers Consistent Results
• Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
Action Oriented / Drive for Results
Planning / Priority Setting
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills